Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vinopolis and the Most Beautiful Day

First things first I have two main things to say: 1. If the weather stays this amazing for the next 30 days, I will never want to leave. 2. We all know that I am not that much of a drinker... but what I'm about to write about, I enjoyed very, very much.














After getting up and going to the gym for a 5k, Sara and I decided to have a late start at of our sight seeing and book a 10 pound wine-tasting experience at a wonderful place called Vinopolis. We learned the different stages to tasting wine, what you look for through the glass, what you smell for, how you are supposed to let the wine run over you tongue and then inhale over it in order to taste the combinations of flavors. We were then set free to pick and chose any 5 wines we would like. I found that my previous dislike for wine is more of a dislike for cheep wine (which is perfectly acceptable) and that good wine is actually quite pleasant. We were then treated to Gin martini's which were amazing. We finished up the day with a rum tasting, which makes me understand why Jack Sparrow was so distraught when his rum was gone.


Afterwards we walked back across the London Bridge (This is the second "London Bridge" I've walked across, the other one being in Lake Havasu) and took the Tube home. While this may seem like an uneventful day, it was one of the best day's I've had here. I enjoy the rain, but when you haven't seen the sun, or felt it touch your face in nearly two months, it is a sight that can make even the most boring day, one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment